Audrey

transfer to new PC ?

HI everyone ..

Hubby has an old XP

Bought a new DELL will get it in a few day..

I downloaded all his pics and favourites and email addresses to a flashdrive etc.

Me thinks the rest of the stuff is too old to backup on his new puter.

He has a Jimmy Buffett screen Saver he would like to transfer it to his new DELL

Where he dowloaded it from years back is shut down 'I googled it but no luck any ideas

if it can be found Please and Thank you.

CHEERS

Audrey

Audrey try right clicking the screensaver and see if you save it to your flash drive.

no, not there... I went to about it says it came from webshots in 1999 I went to webshots toolbox did a search not there. I did a google search for JB screensaver can find it .. maybe it would not work in new Dell thanks eh

Thanks BIGHORN I did all that... I spent a lot of searching for it..I was looking for new ideas but you are probably right it would not work in new DELL.

Audrey if it is on his computer, you should be able to copy it, this time right click and select copy and put it on your desktop or flashdrive.

It has six pics Mike I checked all I could find is the uninstall.....thanks eh

Webshots was just that, allowed downloading from their site. I haven't seen it around in quite some time.

Broni you have not lost your touch... OMG I took your suggestion I found it ....Thanks a million..

I right click and copy to my flashdrive.. ???? but which one ... do I open it first.? or just copy...

Thanks always asking questions

it is from 2006 Hubby nwill be soooooooooo happy.. how it works on his new DELL

Thanks guys for your help.. He is a big Jimmy Buffett fan "PARROTHEAD"

above I said how I meant hope it works...

cheers

Audrey

If you have them on a flash drive see if they'll open with some image program like Irfanview or even MS Paint.

It looks like the second one will be some image(s).

There is another way: download all the Buffet pics you can find, putting them all in a folder....call it Pics, or whatever you wish. RIght-click on the desktop, choose Personalize, Desktop Background, then Picture Location. Use the Browse button to locate the Pics folder. Once you do, choose all the pics in the folder - make sure the pics are all check-marked. Now, click on Change Picture Every: and pick the interval you want.....for a screensaver I'd go with 5-10 minutes, but it's a personal preference. Save the new theme by clicking on Save changes.

That's it :)