jram

Oh YEAH!!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Post #: 1   Posted

I don't care who you voted for, at all!!! But this... this is what bothers me so badlyūü§Ē.....I keep seeing people post on how they are terrified, or scared? Well.. what are you scared of exactly? War? Because that's been happening. School shootings? Because that's been happening. Pipeline? That's been happening. Terrorism? Definitely alive and well. Going broke due to health insurance? Mm yes. Corruption throughout the system? Already there. Police officers being murdered? Yep, that's been happening. Bullying? Check. Loss of jobs? We've got that on lock. A tanking economy. Yep. Being discriminated against for your religion, political views, sexual orientation, race? That's been going on too. Rape, murder, violence, riots.. all going on and has been.
So tell me, what are you scared of that is not already happening basically everywhere? This isn't a Trump problem, this is a people problem. We all need to reevaluate our own selves. Maybe America (and the world) is a little too scared and a little too easily offended.
Quit being scared, crying around, offended by everything.... step up and do your part as an American, no, as a human being. Treat others with respect, help and encourage one another, raise your kids right, tell the truth, be a contributing member of society. Make sure your hands are clean, that's your job. Burning the American flag?Get out of here with that, how about you do your job to make it a better place.
But right now, all I see is hate. It's disturbing,¬†ūüôĀ¬†and the ones with the most hate are being exactly what they claim to be against.

1 person likes this

Post #: 2   Posted

I copied this..

Post #: 3   Posted

Good one and I will copy and paste it too. 

Why do people not open a dictionary, scared of it ? ? ? ?

Post #: 4   Posted

:beers:  bravo

Post #: 5   Posted

Thumbs up!

Post #: 6   Posted

I don't know who wrote it,  but that article should be required reading for all of us who claim to be righteous Americans. I am ashamed to admit that I have been doing more than my share of complaining since the election, when I should be counting my blessings. That said, I do wish our new President would stop and think before he speaks or twitters.  His constant barrage of mindless tripe only serves to undermine the confidence of the people.  And I will reserve my right to complain, though maybe a little less....

Post #: 7   Posted

I've always had the opinion that Trump and the Right wing Congress don't scare me.

But the people that vote and back them? Yep.  Funny thing about them. They complain about too much govt. Then mandate a bunch of govt. on people to control their lives. Usually on women and lower income folks. But not on their people.

1/2 the issues in that post statement. Is just capitalism gone bad. 

It won't matter what govt. is in place at the time.

Which when abused. Does more harm than good.

Over population and strain on resources are the cause for other problems.  Plus just plain mean spiritedness.

Since this is boiling point. Just my take on this thread. I really just don't care any more though. This is my kids, grand-kids, and future great grand-kids world. They need to make this world a better place. Us WW2 brats were a disappointing selfish mean spirited  generation. 

Which elects a con artist, sexual predator, plus considers being a humanitarian  a flaw in character or a crime.  

Enjoy the new health care bill coming down the pipe.

1 person likes this

Post #: 8   Posted

The last sentence , is the one that nails it , the word , being a hypocrite , rings a bell there !

This site is called smartestcomputing as we all know , somewhat computing has contributed to the problem , with internet , facebook , media , smart phones , instant news

or false new flowing out there at such a high intensity , I'm afraid  the masses are also becoming , should i use the word "desensitized " .

We have the "Dunner Kruger "  effect happening big time .

There is instant info to back their opinion , which is becoming confused as a fact ,or if not a fact ,they can use the new "alternative fact "

My fear is that even when trying to reasonably discuss something , the majority when faced with real facts cannot admit being wrong , they actually get angrier !!

YOU have to admit , the statement  " I don't care who you voted for " has some effect here , true the things mentioned were always there , but not at this level till

he ran , I'm talking at the local level , I have never seen it like this . He has somehow created a hypnotic idolized image , I don't understand . Maybe its like that

song you hear every day on the radio , that you don't like , eventually you start humming to it ?

I respect the members here and i hope i can discuss matters like this with them , to learn and maybe understand better, even if they disagree with my

thoughts .

1 Politics , should be discussed with even when disagreeing , you need to gain knowledge to see both side to be able make an informed opinion

2. Global warming , that topic is firmly set with opposite  sides , would love to find some of the views here on that 

3  Religion ,  would love to know why they feel the way they do , the topic shouldn't be taboo , I have trouble understanding  MANmade religion  

Again i want to emphasize that all this was not normal to this extreme until this election !!!     I have to very careful even with someof my friends even now what i say

when i'm just trying to have a conversation .   Like said I've never seen it like this , people that never cared or had any interest before  WOW

Thanks for letting me put my two cents in <S> or sense

Post #: 9   Posted

It's hard to personally identify with some of the statements regarding living in fear.. We don't live with that at all, are happy and do the best we can, period. All the other stuff beyond our control is just that, stuff to observe unless an opportunity presents itself where we can try to make a small change for the better.

Aren't gonna see us in a protest line, too busy with life.

We voted for Trump. Half of those we know probably voted for Hillary. Big deal, our country has survived thus far.

Contrary to many scientific conclusions and studies, I've always felt global warming is cyclic. After record droughts in California, the almost record rains this year past looks like nature correcting things that got out of whack.

Each day we both (wife & I) wake up, that's a celebration right there. Simple as pie. We don't need to complicate that at all.

1 person likes this

Post #: 10   Posted

nodsh, I'd never heard the term Dunner Kruger effect, so did some reading. Started in 1999. Interesting too.

Kinda in a similar vein is the fact that those who feel they have a low position or low self esteem tend to treat others of a different ilk as lower than themselves, which I believe lends itself to racial, religious and political discrimination.

A damn great compliment someone once said about my wife was "So many try to dim another's candle so theirs might burn brighter, where Diane is a torch that tries to light other's candles."

That's why she's the better half. :)

Post #: 11   Posted (edited)

Rad , I kinda agree with you on the cyclic effect , but i've done some research that stated  not the extremes but the averages were supposed to take hundreds of centuries

and not decades ,  the extremes were always there , I've read report that exon scientist knew that it was happening more rapid and were told to suppress it , but still do the offshore

as if it was rising the oceans .  

Interesting the one of the largest developers ,statoil  , is spending the extra money ,to control emissions ,  in that regard , makes me wonder , why ?  When they

spend extra money , something must be in the wind  .

I'm a skeptic of it , but these things make me wonder .

Look how many years a thing like smoking took, before the truth came out .

Another thing to think of , I think might be a bigger impact , look at the rate of population growth on the time line !!

Was good to share your thoughts <S>

should have added i was a three pack a day Camel short no filters 15 years a ago , remembering owners and their experts saying was no harm

but actually good for  you ????

Edited by nodsh

Post #: 12   Posted

nodsh, there are two sides to the global warming and CO2 debates, some vehement. Bottom line, who really knows. With a time machine we could find out. Just a quick search yielded an article with 100 reasons why it's cyclic rather than man made:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/146138/100-reasons-why-climate-change-is-natural

There's probably 100 reasons some could state that it's humanity's fault. 

However, when summer temperatures in the desert where we live hit 120¬į, yep, it's warm, but luckily not globally so. :)

Post #: 13   Posted

120F, Cadiz, California 1964

1st time and wish it was the last time.

Post #: 14   Posted

Rad I tend to agree with you , but I think we have to look at this and analyze the data without being bios . We still have people who don't believe we went to the moon

to this day , but if they understood the undertaking that was involved to do this , It was the influence by the government (Kennedy) , which pointed in the right direction.

Money was allocated to major university's and corporations together that allowed , this , so we should have this done the same way , their combined effort is what

made that  possible . 

Maybe there are no right answers , Maybe there is no added weight to unbalance one side , but i believe there is enough weight there it should be looked at

by the right people who can give us the answer .

Post #: 15   Posted

I happen to be a strong believer in Climate Change.  I have seen first hand many such changes.  Here in the mountains, we see the tree line gradually shifting higher on the mountains as the conditions become favorable for growth at higher altitudes.  We also see the pine and spruce forests giving way to deciduous trees --especially noticeable in burn areas.  We have traveled several times to Alaska and it is impossible not to notice the rapid melting of the glaciers.  I have read many scientific reports of the melting of glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica.  The ice in the Arctic is disappearing so fast that it is now possible to take a cruise ship through the Northwest Passage. Nodsh also mentioned the rapid over-population of the earth.  As the ice melts, sea levels will rise causing large populations to move inland to escape the water.  Just imagine refugee crises that will make those of today look like a slight shift in population.  I think most of us will not be around to see the larger changes, but I think these climate changes are irreversible--it is too late to cut our dependency on fossil fuels enough to make any real difference in the ultimate outcome.  I'd like to think that my pessimism is misplaced, but my sense of reason tends toward the bleaker picture.

2 people like this