Lagniappe44

SD card reader - simple question on cheapo item

5 posts in this topic

Post #: 1   Posted

I bought any  number of SD card readers - typical Chinese cheapo imports since I had no problems with others.

One or two of them SIYOTEAM USB 2.0 ( like all the others ) does not work as it should.

I put in the SD card and the " drive " is recognized in MY COMPUTER as DRIVE " I " but the message appears to " INSERT DISK ".

I tried this in both a USB hub and in the USB slot on the front of the computer = same issue.

There is a disk in the drive, and the SD card works with all the other similar drives that work.

I don't mind throwing out this item since I paid like nothing for it like all the others, but I hate to throw out something that normally works well.

Junk it or doing something wrong ??

Thanks in advance.

Post #: 2   Posted

There is a disk in the drive, and the SD card works with all the other similar drives that work.

Not sure what you're saying...

Post #: 3   Posted

I have a USB 2.0 SD card reader device...........I put the SD card with pictures into the device and insert the card reader into a USB port on the desktop...........I hear the dunk dunk sound that the card reader is inserted...........I go to MY COMPUTER and find the card reader is there as DRIVE letter " I " but there is a message saying I need to insert a card into the card reader......

+++++++++++++++

The card reader is there but NO pictures appear since the message says there is NO SD card in the card reader.

As I said, this is a cheapo device and I have several others the same that do work and will throw this one out if it looks like it is malfunctioning and not worth the effort.

It's acting like I put the card reader into the USB port on the desktop and did NOT put in an SD card with any data on it.

Thanks in advance.

Post #: 4   Posted

1. Sounds like bad connections.  Plug/unplug the card 3 or 4 times and with out the SD card plug the adapter into the USB port 3 or 4 times.

Doing that tends to clean the contacts and it should work.

2, If that does not do the trick, I would get rid of the adapter.

Paid $24 for this 2007 and I use the heck out of it. Fact is I bought one for each of my cameras.  So today, I will be using it for a bootable Linux stick.

6107WGTY+4L._SX355_.jpg

Post #: 5   Posted (edited)

I think shay might have a good answer , or at least something to try . I had to do that a couple times myself before i thought i would have to throw it away , so far it 

had worked .

forgot to add , sometimes i still did not see it but going to my computer , my computer , next if it seen it , gave me a choice

Edited by nodsh