DAVID E   

Anyone having a problem with FF crashes lately? I tried going to ConsumerReports.org, signed in and did a search for electric ranges and it crashed...not once but three times.  "FF had a problem and has crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs when it's restarted." I restarted and got another message, "FF is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs...". I couldn't click on Restore as it was greyed out.

I have the latest version of FF...52.0.1.

Shay   

Do you have a ad blocker?

latest version of FF...52.0.1. on Xp , No issues at all.

I have as blocker , and ad blocker pro .

Edited by Broken Club

DAVID E   

I do use an AdBlocker but it never caused crashes before...to my knowledge. It was only when I went to ConsumreReports the crash occurred...nowhere else.

DAVID E   

I was in the market for a new kitchen range and wanted to see what Consumer Report had to say about them. I've never had a problem with them before till today. I'm a bit skittish trying to go back again even though I've paid for the service on the Internet as well as their magazine. I have an idea it may happen again.

DAVID E   

Tried it again with AdBlock disabled for that page but it still happened again.

Shay   

Get rid of adblock and switch to uBlock.

Could just be a poorly written website.

DAVID E   

I'll give it a shot.

Shay   

They got some bad coding on the range page.  In Firefox use F12 > console and you will see some errors.

DAVID E   

Hmmm...see what you're saying. so, it wasn't AdBlock but bad coding within CR's page. Well, I guess I could just go get a Kenmore range and be done with it. :) I won't try searching their site again for ranges.

Edited by DAVID E

DAVID E   

OK-Apparently it's not just the search for electric ranges. I clicked on Tires and it crashed again...must be the entire website.

Shay   

I expect so as it is the only site do it.

DAVID E   

I checked FF Trouble Shooting section and down toward the bottom on crash report it has "Crash Reason" it has, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_READ whatever that means. I wrote CR about it and they say the site is and has been functioning properly. It may be but the Search function sure is not.

rokytnji   

I went there . I notice it is a flash heavy site with graphic switching auto-matically.

Try turning off flash in addons for a short time and see if the crashes go away. screenshot.jpg

The flash heavy part of the page is where the guy and gal are looking in the oven.

DAVID E   

Shockwave Flash you mean?

DAVID E   

Nope-that didn't work, crashed anyway.

Broni   

Can you post a copy of couple of crash reports?

Usually there a culprit listed there.

DAVID E   

I got this back from them..."We’re very sorry about the broken link within our Ranges report, and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you. Please be assured that I have already notified the appropriate members of our Online Technical Staff about the broken link, and they are currently working toward fixing it."

Then, they recommended using IE or Google Chrome. If there's a broken link I don't know why they'd think either of those would work. I'm not sure what sort of info you need, Broni but this is the link to the report.

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/21cc3c31-2def-46e5-8fea-a42572170322

Edited by DAVID E

Broni   

Can you provide couple more logs?

Can you access that site with other browsers with no problem?

DAVID E   

I decided to see if I could access the site using the W7 computer upstairs using FF...no problem at all. Go figure that one. After I signed in typed in "Kitchen Ranges" and it took me right to it. With the Vista machine I never saw at the top of their site a place to sign in but I doubt that had little to do with it.

Edited by DAVID E

DAVID E   

I didn't try searching for anything on CR's website, just to the main page, this is what I got using Vista today. Using FF on the W7 computer there's no problem.

I didn't understand the Facebook Pixel Error-I wasn't on FB-not sure why that even showed.

SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'[Learn More]  1214646704@x14:1
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'[Learn More]  1214646704@x97:1
Facebook Pixel Error: Duplicate Pixel ID: 1656956127856744  fbevents.js:1:4063
Wootric: Warning: Created at invalid, expecting 10-digit Unix timestamp in seconds.  beacon.js:4:8649

Edited by DAVID E

Broni   

Can you provide couple more logs?

DAVID E   

I tried again today. I got to the website but again, when I tried the Search it crashed again. I hit F12>Console and this is what came up...

This is a browser feature intended for developers. Do not paste any code here given to you by someone else. It may compromise your account or have other negative side effects.  root_library.js.9136ab7f6d2c266874361b66d84e3af8.js:15:824

This came up after leaving ConsumerReports and back to the forum here...

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ root_library.js.9136ab7f6d2c266874361b66d84e3af8.js:2:90359

Edited by DAVID E