MichaelJ

[April 2017] Do you prefer hard copy books or electronic books or both?

Do you prefer hard copy books or electronic books?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer hard copy books or electronic books?

• Hard copy books
    • Electronic books
    • Both

Do you prefer hard copy books or electronic books or both?

Books do not have batteries that go dead.

I'll read anything I can get my hands on, though most of my reading is done on my Kindle.  Unlike Shay, I can remember to charge the device--so far, it has never died on me.  Certain books, particularly those with photos or maps are definitely better in regular book form.  So it depend on what I happen to be reading.   I read a lot and using the Kindle allows me to read without having piles of books around.  I have donated 2 pickup loads of books to the library.  I do keep special books, but we simply do not have room for any more books.

Still like the hard copy , <paper> , but do like the factor of zooming in and copy and paste to compare and have on hand . We have to get use

to it and use the benefits it gives us .But have to admit , some of my friends don't realize that you can , use the benefits of that etc:

I think it is more , not just using it that way and being comfortable with it , some aren't just yet realizing the benefits of that .

once you dive in it does have its benefits being digital .

Forgot to mention , just being on a screen versus a paper , we have yet to  understand what is happening so fast !!

Edited by nodsh
I'm confused , also just what i said !!

Both. I just spent 50 bucks on the hard back of Donny’s Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley-davidson, 1936 to Present: The Ironhead Sportster, 1957 to 1985

But I use my browser print to pdf function a lot also. Plus have motorcycle manuals on .pdf form on laptops while I am working next to me on the shop floor.

From the age of what? 5-6 maybe 7, I couldn't even eat cereal without reading the box. Diane and I are bookworms, not Kindle worms. We both grew up the same (didn't meet till we were 40). Voracious readers we are. I feel sorry for those who simply don't enjoy reading. Unlike TV, movies, etc., books, in any way, shape or fashion (regardless of the paper vs. electronic version) stimulates imagination, be it visual or intellectual.