nodsh   

Teamviewer , a great tool for helping someone .
I found it instead of using the file transfer method , you can just also
plain copy and paste , between the two ,like using the tools that Broni ask and it leaves a txt file .
Select all and copy , minimize and go on your site and paste as normal , and post .
Copy and Paste works that way easy .
   One thing i would like too know also , others here use it , and it is said if free for
home users , too a point , then it is commercial , and not allowed .
  I use it all the time too help , i wonder when i might be considered commercial ??

Shay   

Making any money off of it?

If NO, I would not worry about it.

I second what Shay said and would add: In an office environment like mine at the store, would be considered commercial.

For instance, I have a Point of Sale Server running Windows Server 2008 R2 and Teamviewer free will not work at all on that system. (I use paid CAL RDP licenses for that) But the other systems, with Win 8.1 and 10 on them I use the free version of TV to log on from home or my laptop to run updates/fixes. I logon to my Office computer then RDP into the Server. 

The least expensive TV is $849 for a single user license. *A single-user license permits connections from up to 3 devices (e.g. computers or mobile devices). A multi-user (floating) license enables a pool of users to work with TeamViewer on any number of devices independent of location.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/commercial-use/

Edited by xrobwx1971
add a link

oldtrig   

I use it so much they probably think I am a commercial user but I am not.   I just help friends in my spare time.  I was actually notified last year about the use of it by teamviewer.  I wrote them a letter explaining that I use it to help my friends and family and never once charged anyone a dime. I told them they could just cut me off if they wanted but I could assure them I was only helping people.    Doing this in retirement is no difference than being a volunteer .   I just seem to have a lot of friends since I do know a little about computers lol. Once in a while people do abuse me but I keep doing this as a hobby to keep my mind working as I age.  Cheers.  Tom

Shay   

Once in a while people do abuse me but I keep doing this as a hobby to keep my mind working as I age.

That is what I am doing also.  But when I lived in Washington,  I did not think much of driving up to 5 hours to help folks.

nodsh   

you guys thanks for the response , besides one of my reasons is just helping people , and doing that ,can kind of keep

me up to date on things , you all know we have to keep at it , just to keep up , When i do help someone , I try to impress them on

this site and also of  Broni  what he does . I also have gave a lot of time , trying to help , but most are not willing to go that extra step ,

even when i volunteer  to show them the copy and paste necessary to run Broni tools etc , which most don't care to know !

I have to remember we here use and like computers and are somewhat interested in using them , BUT we have

to realize , most have no care of that , other then using it for facebook , email and an occasional picture to copy

WE DO Have To Realize That .

Saying that i just love "teamviewer " and waiting for them to maybe think i might by commercial ,which i'm not

Like i said , i always try to mention this site and the great people here that help , and all welling to give good advice !!!

s

I love TeamViewer as well. If they ever do hit you up and I don't think they will, there are alternatives. http://alternativeto.net/software/teamviewer/

Anydesk, ultravnc, etc .