ProblemsRBad

Logishrd/ unknown device

So I have a Logitech USB mouse and a old Logitech USB cam. I have the drivers installed and both work fine. I still have the unknown device driver in my device manager. I have it disable. Last night I left the laptop open and online (plugged in, power settings: always on) . When I wake this morning I see in my notification area yellow ! exclamation so I check it and its that unknown device re-enabled itself some how on its own? I rebooted and the system was hanging and loading very slow ended up freezing. I had to remove the battery to make it turn off. When I replaced the battery and rebooted, Windows booted and loaded fine and now the device is disabled and system back to normal. What caused this device to enable itself and make this happen?

Edited by ProblemsRBad

Look in Scheduled Tasks, where I would look for it first.

When you right click it in device manager, is there a option to disable it?

HP has lots and lots of garbage in Scheduled Tasks. I normally remove all of the HP stuff in there.

Tasks is empty.

Yes, before I went to bed everything was fine and that unknown driver was disabled. When I wake up now I see in my notification area unknown device. I check the device manager and the unknown device was enabled with exclamation. I left it alone. Last time I went into the registry I deleted the entry's for logishrd folder, inside of that folder is download assistant ( possibly used for updating Logitech software?). This time I left that logishrd entry's and rebooted the system. Now that device is showing disable and seems back to normal. I guess having that logishrd registry entry is a must have. Maybe Windows automatically reinstalled that entry. We will see if becomes enable again tonight.

Edited by ProblemsRBad

Other than downloading Win 10 and doing a clean install, which will get rid of all the manufacturer’s garbage, I have no idea.

Yeah me too. I left everything alone, cancel the troubleshooter and just rebooted. Now system is back to normal. This only happens if I leave the laptop open and online over night. I have no idea what would trigger this device to throw notifications about the device needing to be enabled after the amount of time its been on and online. I hope this is not some malicious activity or some hacker trying to break into the system. :/

P.S. I'm thinking malicious activity because my last laptop (Toshiba Satallite a505-s6020) was hacked and now It wont boot (push power button and just the lights flash - even with ALL components removed). Now I think they are trying to get this one but I wont let that happen again. I know the last system was compromised because my online hosting account had changed pass and was logged into from unknown source. They also loaded a bunch of malware in the server and they tried to register a new domain in my hosting (I have the whois info but I'm sure its fake). Anyway I have my hosting back under control. hmm

normal.thumb.jpg.79b30aa45827ff7d80cb52af13f2f86f.jpg

Edited by ProblemsRBad

I always shutdown all my computers.

Save enough money in a year to buy a months worth of groceries and 4 meal out for the 2 of us.

Try uninstalling the 2 drivers for the webcam and the mouse and re download the updated versions and re-install.  and see here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/logishrd/96a0b6a3-93e9-4af8-954b-08501409b25e

I know it's Win 7 in the link but it may also help you in this case.

LoL Sorry post to wrong thread.

As far as this issue, I have managed to work out the problem. LOGISHRD was for the Logitech device driver update. I left it alone.

The unknown device is for the hard drive protection. For this, I have the device driver uninstalled. I have the device disabled. I think It was getting enable thru probably Windows some how, during an update check possibly?

Edited by ProblemsRBad