Dock

New computer

Dock   

My Vista is giving up and I'm in need of a new computer.  The only thing I do that might be fancy is run an older version of Adobe Photoshop, .  Any recommendations?  Thanks

I have been getting the following error messages.  Other pop-ups appear but they don't last long enough to write them done and print screen will not print them.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’re seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Disable or uninstall any anti- virus, disk defragmentation or back up utilities. Check your hard drive

configuration and check for any update drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information

***Stop OX00000024 (OX000000001904AA)

OXFFFFF A601 F C 228, OXFFFFFA6015 FD

BCOO,OX FFFFF80002E9A7 CD

Collecting data for crash dump. . .

Initializing disk for crash dump

Dumping physical memory to disk 100

Physical memory cleanup complete

Contact your system admin or technician support group for further assistance.

Not sure haw many O’s there are in the above.

Second NOTE:

If this is the first time you’re seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacture for dealer updates Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vender for any BIOS update. Disable BIOS memory options such as a caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove a disabled component, restart your computer, press F8 to select advance Start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

*** Stop: OxooooooIE (OXFFFFFFFF C OOOOOOO5, OX FFFFFF8001 OC74A18, OX (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOxFFFFFFFFFFF)

(I could not tell how many O’s and F’s there were. They are here as place holders only.)

I'm not able to advise you on Windows machines, but I do suggest that you check whether your old Photoshop version will run on a newer machine.  I found out the hard way that Photoshop Elements would not run on my Mac with just an upgrade of the OS.  So I wonder if new hardware and new OS might make your version of Photoshop obsolete and unusable.

rokytnji   

Wanna Laptop or Desktop new computer. Being a full time Linux user. I won't be much help with Windows either.

I was kinda impressed with

Link to HP on Ebay