I have stripped out my shop and my plans are epic. Which means I am stoved up (sore) for the next few months.
The plan is to extend the shop 8 more feet and pour a raised 3 inch concrete floor on the inside to keep the water out when it rains.
Also the floor will tie down the structure better when tornadoes show up. Tornadoes may blow my house/old-hospital away. But not my garage.
I also plan on building a brick deck and a sunken fire pit for cooking out side with a vent pipe ran from fire pit underground to a location farther away so the fire can breath. The vent pipe will electrical conduit or fence post material. The shade will be supplied by a old pipe shell of a structure I will surface the roof with sheetmetal or canvas . I have not decided yet as that project will start after the shop remodel.
Another project is to make dog pens along the back fence for a pet day business to supplement my Social Security check I will be getting in a month or so.
Here is pictures of how far I have made it so far. The 8 feet have been added already using my home made scaffold I use. Being one made forklift and crew is hard work. I'll have a crew doing the cement work. Then I will be paying for a new pole and electrician for the new electrical roughin on my building. Spray foam may come later. But at 3 grand for spray insulation. I cannot afford presently.
Storage building right now for my shop tools and bikes. The wife gets it when I am done with my project.
My Bricks for my other projects
My Lineup of other gear cleared away from the shop
My blood sweat and tears so far. Next is concrete trucks next week.
I have to have the floor poured first. Then put the front facing on. Order and Install a better overhanging rollup door. Make a new door frame in the back wall. But concrete is first. I sure am building a nice garage for somebody after I am gone. The scaffolding is heavy duty because I am a heavy duty type of guy.
It had to support my weight and plus hundreds of pounds of sheet metal plus nut and bolts and impact wrench plus sockets and a open end wrench set plus steel worker spud wrenches for lining up the holes. This plan was in my head while I repaired bikes and was moving towards retiring. I am closing down repairing motorcycles and atvs (Though if asked nicely, I will help out. No ingrates allowed). I will of course maintain my gear. My phase of life is now into running a doggy and cat day care center for the oil field workers out here living in travel trailers with their pets. I'll make a pretty penny doing this. It will be fun also. No stress.
But till that dream comes true. Stress City Baby.
First, this really isn't an Ubuntu or a Debian or a Mint issue. The problem likely lies with Broadcom and their lack of availability of firmware information for their wireless hardware. Broadcom does make a "generic" wireless driver for Linux, but it allegedly doesn't work with everything. Therefore, the Ubuntu development team have had to use fwcutter to pull the firmware information from a Windows driver to build one that works for Linux. Here's the fix, and I'm pretty sure this will work for most situations:
1. Determine the exact model and firmware version of the driver. Open a terminal and enter:
[b]lspci -vnn -d 14e4:[/b].
2. You'l get a string back that looks like this:
[i]0001:01:01.0 Network controller : Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4318] (rev 02)[/i]
Look at the section between the brackets at the "14e4" part near the end.
3. Go here and make sure your adapter is compatible with the Broadcom b43 driver, on the chart about a quarter way down the page:
4. If you're in the green area, you're good to go. Now, the Ubuntu/Debian folks have made this easy for us. Just run this command:
[b]sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer[/b]
5. Reboot and you're done.
This worked perfectly on the proprietary Windows 7 Compaq boat anchor my wife calls a laptop.
Well. Moved everything out of the kitchen. Disconnected Sink. Only Fridge and Kitchen stove remain.
Busted out drywall on outside facing wall. Removed old 1950's Windows. My house is a old hospital from WW2 when Pecos was a airbase. Kitchen was made by me knocking out 2 patient rooms and custom plumbing the fixtures.
I bought new 2x4s and re framed outside wall from the inside as old framing boards were termite damaged. We have have had Orkin already treat the place for a couple of grand. Framing is done.
Custom wiring installed by me from breaker box in utility room through ceilng to Kitchen was next. Done. I have now mounted four 4 gang boxes
on outside wall to give the wife 8 receptacles to go over some metal kitchen cabinets from the 1950's that I am also paint stripping, and going to repaint white also. I paint my own motorcycles so I have the right gear and experience for that also.
Used R30 insulation between outside stucco wal and new 5/8 drywall. Also installed new sliding windows. Drywall is 3/4 done. Still have tapeing and spackle to go though. Installed new outlets today also.
Will be using White Marble ceramic wall tile as a back splash for sink and kitchen cabinets.
Still have a gas line to rerun to relocate kitchen stove (O'keefe & Merrit circa 1952)
Getting there slowly but surely and not spending $45,000 on remodeling costs like on the Home channel.