nodsh

firefox quantum

I don't know if this is the right categorize  .,  but I'M kind of liking the new version , anyone else have any imput on the "Firefox Quantum " ??

Mine too!  Will need to explore. 

Looks sorta like vivaldi browser to me. As far as external appearances  anyways.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-27-at-4.04.48-PM.png

I run Firefox ESR versions myself. So I cannot really speak from experience.

For the change of bar , Menu "customize"   on the bottom pick "themes  , choices are light , dark , default "

You just need to rest the mouse on them to view

I'm still holding off with the upgrade because some of my crucial addons haven't been updated and they're not compatible with Quantum.

I'm wondering if he confused "top sites"  as bookmarks like i kind of did at first , since my first page had all the recent sites i used i just clicked on them

instead of bookmarks , caused these were what i used regular anyway .

But the "Bookmark " still had all mine , but the first page with the top sites were different until i used them again ,

you can also move your mouse on the top site section and click edit and show two rows instead , makes it more like before .

Will have to research what Broni said about the "addons"

I kind of like the new "Firefox"  . seems to be faster and better presented .

One flaw is could not get "Silverlight" .

But could not get it to work on "Edge" either , had to use "IE" to get around . I wish they had it working

cause of a goverment assessment database  site i go to see parcels,   and to see the map view silverlight is required !!

Shoving the bookmarks into sidebars is for the birds.

Bookmarks are all ok there, but elsewhere, a bunch disappeared.

Got the sidebar on the right side now,  Were it pretty much out of the way.

It is in the dropdown where that is selected.  Seems to be faster.

I’m too embarrassed to admit how long it took me to get a Gmail notifier to work in the new Ft.  Let’s just say that I was persistent and now I have one that works.  The Prince was happy to finally get a meal...

I could not get my old one to work so I picked a new one called Gmail Checker +.  I had trouble until I read the directions and added my account under the Accounts section.  It would not work until I did as I was instructed.  Never did get any others I tried to work.  I doubt anyone else would have failed to follow directions!

I must admit that I am not entirely sure I could configure it again with any success.  It may have been an accidental combination of just the right steps and I am not at all certain that it will still be working tomorrow.   For years I have had a little icon on the tool bar that simply told me how many unread messages were in my Gmail box.  It quit working a few weeks ago, even before the big upgrade of Firefox.  I tried everything with no success.  This new one does everything but clean the oven and all I want is for it to tell me if I have any mail.  It is crazy how sometimes the simplest things are the most difficult to achieve...

One of my Linux installs updated Firefox to version 57.

I have no problem finding addons to replace the ones that I had on the previous firefox version. Also . My bookmarks are all OK. I'm not sure what the fuss is for other users.  The only thing I dislike about the direction Firefox took in Linux distros. Is using Pulse Audio < systemd dependencies> instead of leaving ALSA Audio default configured to work also. You can rebuild Firefox from source file to work with ALSA.  But that is above a lot of computer users skill sets.

Screenshot - 11192017 - 08:49:01 AM.png

Yes, I like it so far it downloaded automatically.  no problems so far. looking forward to using it. The screenshot is good.  send to cool. lots more to learn. I also like EDGE .. I remember way back when when Broni recommended I use FF think then it was . version 1 lol now 57 wow fun stuff.

cheers to all

piggy & me.:beers:

That is the one that quit on me.  A fresh install did not do the trick, not could I get any of the other simple ones to work.  I think Maybe I would have had to go into Gmail and allow apps to access your my mail account.  The Gmail Checker+ that I finally got to work allows access, but I have it set to only give me notifications.  You can program it to sort by topic, sender, etc, features I will never use.

This is the only issue I have had with the new FF--otherwise, it seems to work just as the old version, only faster.

This is ridiculous!  I tried the Gmail notifier again just now and I still can't get it to work.  I had used it for years, but it quit working before the FF update.  The GMail Checker+ is working.  I just don't understand what I am doing wrong?  It keeps telling me to sign into my account.  I sign out and back in only to get the same message.  Oh well, I do have one that works! 

Please note that it works on JMac’s expensive Mac, so it has to be something that I am doing wrong.  It isn’t the greatest puzzle of the century—it just bugs me.  Someday I will discover that it is some stupid little step I am missing.  I think the topic can rest until I figure it out or simply rely on the one that is working.