Broni

Sad, sad news - our JRAM passed away - RIP

JR was a good man to know. He was always sending me strange and funny stuff on Facebook. Sometime it would be something I would laugh my butt off at, other times it was stuff where I would reply with a WTF you doing? His reply would always be a big laugh and we would talk for a few. Gonna miss him. RIP friend. You made a lot of people laugh and think about stuff.

This is totally unbelievable, I thought he was doing much better. JR will be missed forever, he was very good friend and always helping out someone who needed help.

God's speed my friend always. :(

Peaceful-sympathy.jpg

I have just realized that it has been 20 years since I first asked for computer help on the Smart Computing forum.  JMac, Broni and all the others, many of whom are still with us here, gave so willingly of their time and knowledge to help me learn to use a computer.  I never did well with Windows and it was JMac who encouraged me to try a Mac.  I knew he would be there to help, so I took the plunge.  I will always call him JMac and I will always remember that he kept me from giving up on computers.  I am so thankful for his help and friendship.  I continue to be very proud to be allowed to serve on the staff of this forum with people like John Ramsay.  He was a kind, thoughtful man with a great sense of humor.  We will miss him....

RIP - Jram 

You will be missed...

DITTO!!!!! YES HE WILL CERTAINLY BE MISSED 

PIGGY & I   say R.I. P

Thanks for all your help.

Wow!

After leaving here, i regularly kept in touch with JR.  I knew he had COPD, and the last thing i sent, i didn't receive a reply, which was not the norm.  I am saddened since i have communicated with him since SC days long ago.

My heartfelt sympathy to his wife, kids and friends.

rob

Nice to see you, rob, though I’m sorry it took such bad news to bring you back.  We all miss JR very much, thoughi’m sure he is busy helping computer users in heaven.

Thank you, Fran! 

Nice to see you are still doing well.  I know we all have a expiration date.  To us, JR's was way too soon!  I just lost my best friend in CA.  We knew each other since third grade.  It seems to be the bad part of being Blessed with longevity.  But we are all on that expiration date thingy, whether long or short.

Did we ever happen to find out what happened to Berton? I think he was from Wyoming.

No, we tried, but he just disappeared off the face of the earth.  Al these losses are very hard to take. 

HI Rob

Nice to see your post again.Good to know you are well. Yes, indeed  JR will be missed.he kept in touch with me always sending me piggy stuff I worked in a hospital for a number of years he had COPD I was always asking him about his breathing he would give me updates on his breathing... Unfortunately he was a smoker years back .He had a good sense of humor His dog Jam will be lost without him. I enjoyed sending him dog stuff and he was a lover of chocolates . . etc

Today would have been his birthday I hope the angels are celebrating R.i.P..

jam.jpg

Thnx Audrey.  I have known him since SC days.  As we get up there, we realize we shouldn't leave anything not said to those we are close to.  I pray for his wife and family!!

Thank you for the Greeting!!!

We tried several times to contact Berton, but he failed to answer.  I would not have seen him since I don't use Windows.  Have you been in contact?

I'm not going to pretend I knew him but I can see he will leave a large hole in this community and that he will be missed deeply. Rest easy now Mr. Ramsay.

Edited by xrobwx1971

Just now saw this. So sorry to hear. My condolences to family.

Soooo sad to hear this news ... I will miss his posts.  RIP JRAM

01-Flowers.jpg