NickAu

All-Radio 4.27 Portable Can't Be Removed? Then Your PC is Severely Infected

Starting yesterday, there have been numerous reports of people being infected with something called "All-Radio 4.27 Portable". After researching this heavily today, it has been determined that seeing this program is a symptom of a much bigger problem on your computer.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/all-radio-427-portable-cant-be-removed-then-your-pc-is-severely-infected/

if you are infected I suggest that you reinstall Windows from scratch if possible.

No mention on what is savable and what is not?  Sounds nasty.

Furthermore, some of the VirusTotal scans associated with this infection have indicated that an information stealing Trojan could have been installed as well. Therefore, it is strongly suggested that you change your passwords using a clean machine if you had logged into any accounts while infected.

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! 🤤

Good thing I am not on Windows

From the same article at bleepingcomputer: 

When malware removal expert, Aura, started helping these victims he noticed a common theme. Most of the users reported being infected after they downloaded and installed game cracks and Windows activation tools such as KMSpico.

It's not Windows fault. I manage over 20 Windows machines varying from home to business, Windows Server 2008 to Win 10 Pro, laptops, desktops, ect. Not one has had an infection nor have I had any issues that wasn't easily fixed. I just yesterday replaced my personal one at home and after having the old one for 8 years going from Windows 7 -8 -8.1, 10 pro it never had an infection. I only replaced it to upgrade and its still running strong on Win 10 Pro in which I will use it as my Plex Server. 

I did have some SQL issues on the server 2008 at work but that was an SQL database issue, not Windows. The narrative that Windows is bad is just not true. it's ok not to like it though, that's a personal choice. 

Windows runs my business and for the last 5 years, it has performed splendidly without issue. 

I do dual boot and VM various Linux distros and have a fondness of Linux. I am currently messing with Parrot, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint. I have even toyed with running a Linux server at work but "some" (not all)in the Linux community have turned me off to it. 

Let me now brag about my new computer: 🙂

• CARE1: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
  • CAS: Syber XL Series E-ATX Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, 7 Color RGB & Full Side Tempered Window Panel [+18]
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-7960X Sixteen-Core 2.80GHz 22MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2066 (Quad Channels) [+426]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN 240EX 240mm Radiator CPU Liquid Cooler w/ Copper Cold Plate [+30] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • HDD: 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3400/2300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 370/450k (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 3.1 Ports
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE X299 DESIGNARE EX ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac, Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, 5 PCIe x16, 8 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+299]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [+16]
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SOUND: ASUS STRIX SOAR 7.1 PCIe Gaming Sound Card [+118]
  • VIDEO: ASUS Turbo GeForce® GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+10] (Single Card)
  •  
Edited by xrobwx1971

Pretty spiffy computer unit there

. Being a mod at a couple of linux forums. I spank high hat members who try and look down on clueless new users. I do not put up with internet bullies or put down artists. No matter how skilled a Linux user may be who thinks personal attacks are OK.

Kali is not for beginners.  A lot of Linux veterans are offended by newby questions on Kali because the the person asking a question, < a new user, 1st question, very vague description showing ignorance >,  on a forum,  watched Mr. Robot and think their uneducated assumptions are enough to get by running a penetration linux distro.  Then they ask dumb questions because they do not read manuals or documentation for what they watched some actor use on a show on TV. Out of laziness or ignorance. It does not matter.

Both reasons irk them.

So some Linux user says RTFM or run a something other than a specialized security penetration distro that has all communication ports turned off by default.  Hence no wifi or eth0 without reading the manual and finding out what should be turned on and how it is done via command line or what ever.

I can't speak for other forums and their members. It is up to the other admins and mods to keep their members polite and helpful. Kali has their own forum and they are even get tired of script kiddie wanna be's  who cannot read stickies or wiki pages.

Being a dude also who has done documentation for Linux distros. We do ths typing and documentation  work for free. So when someone complains about something left out in documentation. I mentally brush them off in my mind because I have no time for whiners. If they see a need to change something. Then they can change it.  I am more of a doer than a chicken little type of personality.

Nobody forced me or told me or ordered me  to give a hand at the Linux foundation. That was my choice. You give me a hand. I reciprocate your kindness to me in kind. Same reason I help out here on this forum.  But ingrates?  See ya. Would not wanna be ya.  I got a bag of crickets

tenor.gif?itemid=4081510

to keep ya company.

scooter-animation-harley.gif

I don't have enough disposable income to turn some of my a extra Linux boxes into servers, The electric bill can be killer here just running the central A/C .  And. Windows ain't bad. Just slow as molasses . Even on my wifes work machines and at home on her newer hardware . But. To each their own language.  Cuz I really don't care. I roll like I like how to roll.

Everyone else is free to roll like they wish. Just don't be offended if I am just bored with the whole computer wars  thing. Keep forking out money to run a laptop or desktop. If that what trips your trigger.   I am more into motorcycles. That is where my money goes.

SeriousTimelyIsopod.gif

No offense taken here. I'm always open for civilized debate and discussion. Thanks for the reply my friend.

They need more people like you in the Linux community, hell and the Windows community for that matter. I like helping as well and would never be snarky to a "noob" as I was a noob once. I don't get offended easily I just simply don't have time to have a contest on who's smarter when I have a question in any forum. I am in relative terms new to Linux even though I have been tinkering with it since the late 90's. Tinkering and using are worlds apart. I at one time was going to switch at home but 15 years ago the gaming kept me with Windows. Today, that's no longer the case as you can play most games on Linux just fine.

Anyway, thank you for the insight and your thoughts.

Edited by xrobwx1971