Lost 2/3 s of my Internet speed today .. Bought my own router 18 months ago.. finally figured out it needs a firmware update .
Netgear don't do it .. They say the ISP has to send it down the pike .. They say they only update their cheap, and slow modems..
Best Buy want's $99.00 to do it .  Anyone know of a work around ?  

Thanks ..

found a bunch of listings for Netgear firmware upgrade on Google.

Here's one-

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router

I got to the D/L point and stopped as I am not using my Netgear Router at the moment.

Thanks Ski.. Appreciate it . Been on live chat with them till just this minute .. You wouldn't believe the scams they are trying to tell me ..

That's a shame.  I always thought Netgear was an OK company...  Used a lot of their products over the years, but never had a 'face to face' issue.  Water over the dam I hope. 

Tech from Comcast just called to cancel appt .. Said the issue is on their outside lines .. Now wouldn't you think the 6 times i was on live chat one of them would have known?  They are giving me a $10.00 credit .. Now i can go buy that boat .. lol

You are lucky they cancelled!  I recently spent an afternoon at a fiesta in Honduras with Comcast tech--I'm quite sure there were margaritas involved.  No solution until I wised up and called Apple whose tech had my problem solved in 10 minutes or less...