Broni

Beware of Extortion Scams Stating They Have Video of You on Adult Sites

At least yours are interesting—I only get the messages asking to me to update my credit card details

Just today I had the second message on my phone saying that there are four serious charges against me.  Actually, they do not use a name since they do not know my name.  One call came from Schenectady, NY and the other from Adams, NY.  So either the Prince or I will be taken into local custody unless we call a certain number to clear up the matter—same number, both calls.  So if I am not here tomorrow, you will know that I should have made that call....

The sad truth is that people actually fall for these scams.   Often we see stories on the news of people paying lots of money they can ill afford to lose to these despicable schemers.  I often get calls telling me that I have a virus on my PC.  I like to lead these guys on and waste as much of their time as possible, before hanging up on them. 

I have the time to waste and as you know I am very good at hanging up on people!

I'm still getting calls about the charges against us in New York, but so far the local authorities have not shown up at the door!  We still do not know which one of us is the habitual offender....And just now I got one promising to improve my health after I answer a few questions.  Is there no end to these scam schemes?

LOL.. Had a credit card company call today about unusual use on the card .. Wrong person, and i don't have a account with that bank..  

I don’t even have to answer these calls, they leave messages.  I wonder who is threatening us with what when the caller leaves no message?  And, oh yes, I have won several free cruises and have been invited to many ‘Town Hall’ meetings.  Our number is unlisted and we are on the ‘no call’ registry so I wonder how much worse it could be if these callers knew our name!  The calls became more frequent AFTER I put our number on the 'NO CALL' list???

Fran, I will be there with you.  3 messages this week regarding the four charges against me. Think all mine were NY.

Can't quite make out who it is since the start of the message is static and can't make it out.  Coincidence?? I think not.

Also if they don't get me first the "cops" are one the way to get me for my IRS problems.  He really feels sorry for me but nothing he can do

until I clear this up. He is praying for me that I do so at once before the cops get here.

That was from Flordia. Did not know IRS had an office there.

So, see you in NY, if the cops don't get me.

I just got one with a web page that looked like UPS stating the package i ordered in=s being processed .. 

Hear on the news today they are going after these scams ..  Don't hold your breath ..

WW, my caller is a female, but otherwise just the same tactics except, no prayer for me.  They obviously know that I am beyond redemption!  So far the IRS hasn't been after me, but that is probably in my future.  I do occasionally get calls from the US Government--my daughter works for the IRS, but her calls never indicate IRS, only Government.

My boss got one yesterday. 

If you get scam e-mails: 

Forward them to me@rescam.org

It will then go to an AI bot that will communicate with the scammer realistically and waste his/her time in hopes of sparing a real person.

https://www.rescam.org/

Awww, it's offline for a while. but you can still send them for analysis. 

I loved the idea of wasting a scammers time.

16 minutes ago, Broken Club said:

I see no way of sending them Xrob.. 

While reading the scammer email, you hit forward and enter the address me@rescam.org. Like forwarding an email to a friend instead of the friend, enter me@rescam.org. 🙂

On 7/27/2018 at 11:56 PM, frazzm737 said:

Just today I had the second message on my phone saying that there are four serious charges against me.  Actually, they do not use a name since they do not know my name.  One call came from Schenectady, NY and the other from Adams, NY.  So either the Prince or I will be taken into local custody unless we call a certain number to clear up the matter—same number, both calls.  So if I am not here tomorrow, you will know that I should have made that call....

I get those calls too!