Broken Club

DVD burner freezing

I tried Clone dvd, and image burn.. when it gets to the part to clone it freezes .. Could it be the burner ?

Thanks

Yeah. Could be the burner. Freeze in my experience is always hardware or wrong driver for hardware related < linux statement there > Have you ran a cd cleaner from walmart like I keep on the shelf.

https://www.amazon.com/Endust-Electronics-Cleaner-computers-262000/dp/B003EEMDMC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&amp;psc=1&amp;refRID=CCQTYAVEFP13XFMN1094

If me. I'd do everything with usb or sdhc card. But I am tricky dicky on computers .

I mention this. Because my Sony Play Station One now does what your does.

Boots up and stops at the game selection screen. Damn if I know what to do to fix that. I tried the lens cleaner on it. Not much improvement afterwards. Old age kills everything. Like XP.

Hope the rest of your computer is not xp age in specs.

Keep getting bad parameter .. Could be corrupt files , but i don't have the Installation disk .. Buried in storage ..  Hard drive seems fine .. At wits end ..

Being a Linux tester and team member on certain distros. I keep all kinds of hardware I pick up from goodwill computer outlet stores like external dvdrw drives.

Guess I asking if anyone has one that you can beg, borrow, or steal?

Could be corrupt files

Probably useless to ask if a md5sum or sha1 check could be done. Hard to answer that one.

I bought a external drive Rok ..But I'm at my brothers house and everything is wi fi .. Don't have enough usb ports to plug it in ..

Don't know about the above post ..

Thanks .. 

I am guessing device mamanger and windows sees the drive OK?

Will it play music or movie?

Read Data?  Sounds broken to me. Except you mentioned you just bought it. Windows shoulda recognized new device when you plugged it in. Loaded driver and firmware I would think. Did you run the disk that came with external dvd purchase to load their stuff that they supply?

It  recognized the drive , and that was all.. No i haven't run the disk yet ..

Thanks .. Going to run the disk tomorrow  ..

Food for thought... it is possible the newer peripherals won't run on XP, the drivers, although they load, may not work.  I say this cuz I have a Win7 laptop that won't run Win8 or 10.  After much searching, the onboard video card won't handle either, and is not upgradeable.  Just a thought.  You need to seriously consider upgrading XP.

I think Ski May be right.  XP was the last Windows system I used and I got my first Mac in 2005 - that’s 14 years ago.  More like 140 years of computer technology...