JohnT

Upgrade Android Tablet

Does anyone know if my Android tablet Marshmallow can be upgraded to Oreo. Not a phone but a tablet and I don't want to root system.

Need a model number.

My Acer C710 chromebook I am typing on is not supported by chromeos anymore. So I converted one to a linux only netbook.

The other write protect on bios could not be bypassed. So I run a Linux chrooted Ubuntu operating system inside of ChromeOS. Kinda sorta like virtual box or vmware operating system installation.

Lastly. Those tablets have arm processors/cpu which makes em more proprietary than intel or amd processors.  When it comes to installing a linux/windows/? system on them.

Lots of hoops to jump though and belly dancing involved. :fat_face_smiling:

I'll pay to watch. 

Edit: Forgot to mention. Most arm tablets are marketed as bic lighters. You buy them. They work. Then after time. You throw them away.

Yeah. You can re-fill a bic lighter. But yo gotta jump through hoops during belly dancing  and hope your fix don't blow up in your pocket from leakage.

Funny my cheaper tablets, Amazon Fire, and IdeaPlay tablet w/win10 have both worked super well, the Android over $200 sucks. It loads slow, and is notorious for not starting up correctly. I may mess with it no big loss if I turn it into a brick door stop. Thanks for input...………….

Well. On my Galaxy Samsung Android phone. The updates come down the pipe. Hence why I asked for a exact model number so I could google search if it is still supported or not.

Mine is a nextbook Android 5.1 system tablet.

I know this is an old thread but for future questions, this is the best place to go for this kind of endeavor. I put Kali Linux Nethunter on a Nexus 9 tablet and this site was invaluable for research and help.

https://www.xda-developers.com/