Webweaver

uBlock Origin

Hello All,

I have been using uBlock Origin since it was enthusiastically acclaimed by Shea (I'm aware many others on this forum are using it also).  I had been very satisfied with it, but  I just became aware, unbeknownst to me previously, that this app requires six permissions, items such as access your data from all websites, etc., etc.  Forget that!  Do any of you know of a 2nd best alternative?  Many thanks.

Misunderstood thread. 

I used to edit hosts file manually.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/

Ublock Origin is an ad blocker.  I googled  it and found several alternatives.  I personally use AdBlock Plus with Firefox on my Mac, but I suggest you search uBlock alternatives to find other possibilities.

Thank you both for your reply.  Yes, it is an ad blocker - I should have been more clear in my post.  I also use Firefox.

I hope you will follow my suggestion  - Google ‘uBlock Origin alternatives’ to see a long list of choices.  Or search Firefox add-ons for other ad blockers.  I’m sure you will find a good alternative.