MichaelJ

[ June 2019 ] Do you have an emergency disaster plan for your family?

[ June 2019 ] Do you have an emergency disaster plan for your family?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. [ June 2019 ] Do you have an emergency disaster plan for your family?

Yes, I do, it is very important to be prepared.

No, having such a plan would certainly be inviting disaster! 

No.  I am my family.  Besides, in Florida, the only way to get away from an impending storm is to leave long  before it's even near.  Can't go east, west or south - run out of land.  By the time you decide to go, the 2 Interstates that can get you out are parking lots.  So, just get another case of beer, a few candles, and hunker down. 

52 minutes ago, Ski52 said:

No.  I am my family.  Besides, in Florida, the only way to get away from an impending storm is to leave long  before it's even near.  Can't go east, west or south - run out of land.  By the time you decide to go, the 2 Interstates that can get you out are parking lots.  So, just get another case of beer, a few candles, and hunker down. 

A case of beer! Glad to see you have your priorities in order...lol!

Yes and no. My disaster plan was implemented at my small ranch in Esperanza   when I was more mobile and had kids.

I have since shut that down and am not as mobile as I was at 30. And as I , being like MJ, a vet. I know survival depends on mobility. Stationary gets you killed.

I don't overthink this stuff like I used to. I have good base of operations. Good dirtbike and streetbikes. Spare funds in gold and silver and copper. All can be taken away by a young buck with more mobility and friends than I have.  I grin at these old dudes and their missle silos. What a joke. Survival for me has more to do with living life than putting my head in the sand.  Even a octopus can get a crab out of a jar.

At least I can travel North, South, East, or West from here. I can't walk on water yet. I've tried riding motorcycle on water though. On a beach of course.

Edit: My above post has more to do with national disasters like folks getting fed up with how things are. My motorcycle shop is my tornado shelter seeing that it is anchored real well to the parking lot.  Just a few steps.