Lewis

The Beatles

I am sitting here watching the Beatles special, and man has this taken me back. I have been a fan since they first hit the American coast eastern shoreline and seeing them on the Ed Sullivan show. Then as I grew and went hippie they were even more important to me. I wish John and George were alive so that they could see this tribute to them. But we still have their music, and Paul and Ringo. I still listen to them they remind me of my care free youth, and of a time long gone. The speed the LSD and the marijuana are out of my life now' but they are not' and I am very grateful to them for the music that they have given us. When they broke up around 1969 or 70 I was sad, but sitting here listining to While My Guitar Gently Weeps has to be the highlight of this month for me. Our generation was the greatest creators of music.

The-Beatles-the-beatles-27518641-1024-76
Edited by Lewis

Lewis I remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show, and thinking to myself, they are going to make it real big!

Lewis I remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show, and thinking to myself, they are going to make it real big!

These 4 cats were huge.

Got back from Nam and had never heard of them.

Got back from Nam and had never heard of them.

What years were you in Nam ?

They came to Denver the next summer for an appearance at Red Rocks. The Prince was one of the lucky few who had the job of getting them safely out of their hotel past the mobs of screaming fans. They avoided the riot by taking them out through steam tunnels under the street. My Prince said he had rarely seen more scared kids than the fab 4 from Liverpool. They kept calling him Govn'r as he led them beneath the streets of the city. I could have smacked him when he told me how he spent his evening and he didn't even get an autograph. I've heard that they never liked appearing live and later on quit doing so--probably never felt safe with the crowds.

fran, that is a great story! Very cool! But, he should have got a few snaps..lol!

No photos, no autographs and he was so blasé about it-- 'Oh by the way, guess who I saw tonight?'

What years were you in Nam ?

1963 and Feb70 - Feb 71

I wanted to reuinite the Beatles, but I don't have two more bullets........

Ok, bad taste lol but it was funny the first time I heard it.

I had kind of forgotten how awesome them boys were about 10 or 15 years ago, when I hired this kid (he was 19 or 20). He started asking questions abput them so I pulled out a few CD's and started listening to them at work with him. It was like hearing the good tunes all over again for the first time. Instead of Hey Jude sounding old and tired, it was as fresh as it was the first time I heard it. Then I i busted out Abbey Road........ enjoy:

Edited by Bubba