cntrywolf

Westerns

I'm not a western fan but that doesn't mean I won't post ones I find. I have not seen any for free in a long while but heres some .99¢ ones

The few listed below are by C.M. Curtis

About the author: C. M. Curtis brings a background of diverse experience to his writing. He grew up in a small western community in cattle ranching country. His paternal grandfather was a wild horse hunter in his youth and his maternal grandfather is said to have actually met Butch Cassidy. Curtis' first paying job, at twelve years of age, was in a slaughter house. He later became a construction worker, a truck driver, a structural steel welder, a coal miner and a licensed building contractor.

In what he calls his second life, he has been a chiropractic physician, a radio talk show host, a newspaper columnist and, of course, a writer.

http://www.amazon.com/Lawless-Desert-C-M-Curtis-ebook/dp/B00U2RW9YG/ref=pd_sim_351_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Z52F9MBGJ7Z24Q4GGGB

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Outlaw-C-M-Curtis-ebook/dp/B00DXBEF9A/ref=pd_sim_351_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1PF6BEJB0WTZNXE6PDT2

http://www.amazon.com/West-Vermillion-C-M-Curtis-ebook/dp/B00LTM9VTO/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FARWDDYKH3EZNH6P8WG

Freebie

Allingham; Desperate Ride Kindle Edition

by John Horst (Author)

4.5 stars 31 customer reviews

Man is the cruelest animal.

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Allingham and his crew are back, forced to confront an evil unlike anything any of them have ever known or dreamt possible. Redheaded women are dying, will Rebecca Allingham nee Halsted be next? The great sleuthhound Allingham will have to summon all his skill and guts to overcome a horrific monster that has come to disrupt the peace and quiet of their retirement in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

There are challenges enough for all, Rosario and Hobbs, once again pressed into service as deputy US Marshals to track down a bloodthirsty revenge killer, Mr. Singh, bent on protecting the most precious thing on earth to him, and Rebecca Allingham, both huntress and hunted.

Ride with them on this desperate journey as new characters are introduced into the tumultuous world of the Allingham clan. The Mexican lawyer turned hacendado, Ramon la Garza, Hilola, a woman as wild and unpredictable as the Colorado River on which she and the young mestizo must travel to get home, back in old Mexico. Tough as nails Old Pop and gentle Pierce Hall, the stalwart protectors and avengers, desperately working to purify and rectify a damaged family legacy.

Time is running out. The murderers are bearing down. Will Allingham pull it off, find the monster in time? Will La Garza and his wild companion escape the clutches of the deadly bully and cutthroat Thad Hall? Find out in Desperate Ride.

Freebie

Second Fastest Gun [Kindle Edition]

Perry Bales (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WS2LHU0?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00WS2LHU0&tag=amazon-20

Clint Bodine, who has a pair of fast Colts with a temper just as quick, wants to hang up his reputation, but Ben Gates, and aging gunfighter, who notched Clint’s ear in a long-ago showdown, has other ideas. Clint finds himself wedged between a vicious land-grabber, the scheming gunfighter, and the woman ranch owner he promised to help. He should just ride out, but he’s faced with the fact that he gave his word to the woman, and has a score to settle, even though he’s still only the SECOND FASTEST GUN.

Freebie

The Adventures of the Lone Jack Kid: A Western Adventure (Western Fiction, by Joe Corso Book 1) [Kindle Edition]

Joe Corso (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CKA6TL2?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00CKA6TL2&tag=amazon-20

Ride along with Jesse and Frank James as they share in the adventures of The Lone Jack Kid.

This was wartime and men lived and died fighting their enemy . . . and sometimes they died fighting each other. Cole looked at the men, raised his hand, and said in a voice loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, “Don’t do it, boys. Sturman was a yellow cur, and a deserter, and you don’t have to die trying to avenge the likes of him.

There were seven Indians and they were standing around two semi-naked white women who appeared to be a mother and daughter. Charlie took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then he aimed - - and fired, and fired, and fired again, repeatedly. He dropped four of the Indians before they knew what hit them. Then he charged into the clearing and shot another Indian reaching for his gun.

“My name is Charles Longstreet.”

The men looked at each other as recognition set in. “You’re the Lone Jack Kid?”

The Kid smiled. “The one and only.” He pulled his hat off of his head and waved it in the air, then he gave the Rebel yell. “See you money grubbers in hell, boys.” He jerked the reins, and nudged Comet with his heals. She turned her head and leaped into the bubbling stream with water as high as the stirrups, and dashed across, splashing tendrils of water high in the air on both sides of her. It was an impressive display of horsemanship, and the toll collectors watched with grudging admiration.

CW, if you like westerns, this Sunday on FOX news, in the Legend and Lies segment, they will be doing the real Lone Ranger episode, should be interesting.

Sorry Michael ... I only post them for those who may enjoy them. My genre is fantasy mostly, but I do enjoy syfi,thrillers,mysteries,and some bios & short history ( the long drawn out ones dont hold my attention long enough).

Being hearing impaired TV isnt my thing... I read :)

But thank you for info

Edited by cntrywolf

Understand CW, COSTCO has the book, 'Legend and Lies', but I would wait for the price to be lowered.

Yes, caption on the tv, yes I use it, can be a loser.

Yes, caption on the tv, yes I use it, can be a loser.

Shay I use CC when I do watch movies or netflix. I even have a captel phone. I just find read more rewarding. TV has been researched for killing brain cells. Especially in dementia patients.

I kind of like my brain and the way I think. So I limit TV. :)

Freebie

Viejo and the Ranger [Kindle Edition]

Cliff Hudgins (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IH1QNSC?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00IH1QNSC&tag=amazon-20

Jason Bernard Ramsey II is a man of faith...but he becomes Jack Short, a man who kills whoever gets in his way. He discovers two skills he did not know he had...a fast draw and the ability to kill without remorse. He's at odds with his faith and the law. If you break the law in Texas, you must answer to the Texas Rangers. This duty falls upon Lee Brannon. In a strange twist of fate, Viejo joins with the ranger in the pursuit of other outlaws, and discovers there is no real code of ethics among thieves and no misdeeds go unpunished.

West of Vermillion [Kindle Edition]

C.M. Curtis (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LTM9VTO?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00LTM9VTO&tag=amazon-20

A boom town; new and raw and wild. A place where contracts are solemnized with a handshake and disputes are settled with a gun. There is gold here and some men mine for it, while others steal it from those who toil. But when the outlaws war of plunder and killing takes the lives of some of Tom Satterfields friends, he declares his own private war on the entire outlaw breed, and shows them what one fearless man can do when he is pushed too far.

Edited by cntrywolf

Not many Westerns come around free so I try to post ones I find

Freebie

The Gunfighter in Winter: A Jack Cordell Western Kindle Edition

by R. Annan (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y3GIHOS?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00Y3GIHOS&tag=amazon-20

Banker Tern Jarvis wanted to be a Cattle Baron. He left Chicago and headed for Caldwell Springs, out on the Kansas plains. With the power of money at his disposal, Jarvis succeeded in forcing small rancher after small rancher off their lands. First Jarvis took the Lady B, then the Box R, and then the Leaning C, but when it came to the Circle M he was stopped cold in his tracks by a young widow, an old coot, and a mysterious stranger who was a fast draw. Jarvis hired the fastest gun in Texas to take the stranger out. It didn’t end the way Jarvis expected.

The Gunfighter in Winter is a western tale told in the style of Zane Grey and Jack Schaefer.

Freebie

Little Man, and the Dixon County War Kindle Edition

by Stan R. Mitchell (Author),

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00776E5OC

Paul Zachary shouldn't have accepted that badge. And he certainly shouldn't have shot down a ruthless gunfighter in front of a crowd of onlookers at Belleville's busiest saloon. Now that the smell of gunpowder has faded and the blood has been scrubbed off the floor, Zachary is something he never wanted to be: a damned hero. He's been written up in the papers and has more trouble on his hands than any 27-year-old man should ever have. And that was before his newfound fame proves a threat to a cruel cattle baron named McConnell...

It said in western genre

Freebie

The Hidden People Kindle Edition

by James Sannes (Author), Dorothy Sannes (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N1HSVFK?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00N1HSVFK&tag=amazon-20

THE STORY IS SET IN THE 1890'S NEAR ARIZONA, AND STARTS WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER THAT HAS NAMED HIMSELF "NO NAME" IN ORDER TO SHUT OFF HIS PAST.

THREE RENEGADE APACHES ARE CHASING HIM. HE HAS BEEN FORCED TO RUN FOR HIS LIFE AFTER THE INDIANS KILLED HIS PARTNER AND FRIEND.

DUE TO THE RAIN HE WAS ABLE TO SHAKE THE APACHES OFF HIS TRAIL. AFTER DAYS OF RUNNING, HE FOUND A CAVE FOR THE EVENING.

THE NEXT MORNING HE STUMBLES ACROSS A TRAIL IN THE CLIFFS THAT LEAD INTO A BOX CANYON. THERE "NO NAME" FINDS A ROCK HOUSE WITH A POUCH WHICH HOLDS ANASAZI GOLD, AN OLD MAP AND DIARY.

Freebie

LEGEND of the DAWN: The Complete Trilogy: LEGEND of the DAWN; AFTER the DAWN; BEFORE SUNDOWN. Kindle Edition

by J.R. WRIGHT (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWNBEUM?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&creativeASIN=B00DWNBEUM&tag=amazon-20

Having been drawn to the wild for a number of years, young Luke McKinney is forced to leave 1839 St. Louis for the North Country even sooner than he expected to go. At seventeen, along with a female companion and an elderly father figure, he is literally running for his life.

With the Law pursuing him and the wilderness unforgiving, he finds himself caught up in a survival system that has nothing to do with civilization or laws.

Then the unthinkable happens, the love of his life is taken from him. It is during the pursuit of her captors that Luke finds a strength and determination that will shape his moral existence for the remainder of his life.

This is a trilogy of books that spans the lives of Luke McKinney and Breanne Bruyere, their undying love, through hell and high water, for over fifty years.

Freebie

Strange Tales of the West Kindle Edition

by James "Doc" Manniken  (Author)
The Old West was strange... These three novellas are weird glimpses of that shadowy time: an ex-Confederate's quest for vengeance, aided by an Indian spirit that exacts a terrible price; a Swiss-born scientist, transplanted to a silver boom-town, and his automaton that takes on a life of its own; and an outlaw, trapped in a ruined mission whose padres guard a blasphemous secret...

Freebie

Gun Men Kindle Edition

by Michael Newton  (Author)
When you make your living by the gun, it's only a matter of time before your past catches up with you. 

Sloan has faced Lucas before, but this time it's not just his life on the line. This time, six innocent families will also pay the ultimate price.

Freebie

Lawless Desert Kindle Edition

by C.M. Curtis  (Author)
A man to be reckoned with. Martin Chambliss is not a man to be underestimated. A band of renegade Apaches make that mistake when they attack Chambliss and his fellow travelers. And when Chambliss goes on the hunt for two outlaws who have kidnapped the woman he loves, they learn that he is willing to follow them deep into Mexico, or into Hell itself, to save her, and he’s not afraid to spill blood if he has to.

99¢ (pre-order)

Tales from Big Country: A Western Stories CollectionKindle Edition

by Kwen D. Griffeth (Author), & 12 more

If you like westerns, historical fiction and action packed adventures, look no further! This thirteen-story collection, featuring work by national and international bestselling and award-winning authors, offers the best in western fiction.

Take a journey into the Old West, from its civilized order to lawless frontier. From the big skies of Montana to perilous rides with the Texas Rangers, you won't want to put this collection down.

From traditional historical westerns to those with a paranormal twist, Native American stories to contemporary romantic suspense, bone-chilling horror to tales of fantasy, this collection has something for all western lovers.

Edited by cntrywolf